Have you thought about how you will honor your transition into parenthood?
Have you planned how you will nourish your body after your birth?
How will you fill your well during your postpartum period?
What will your postpartum look like?
According to Ayurveda, the first 42 days after birth set you and your baby up for the next 42 years. And to do so there are four pillars that make up care: nutrition, self-care, rest, and meditation.
- Nutrition is important to
- Help restore your digestion after birth
- To rebuild strength
- Fuel your body to care for yourself and your baby
- Fight postpartum mental health issues, gut health is linked to mental health
- Self-care is important to
- Keep your energy up
- Make sure you’re not depleting yourself
- Help stave off postpartum mental health challenges
- Rest is important because
- Sleep is important to brain function
- Sleep deprivation is detrimental to the whole body
- Sleep helps fight against mental health problems
- Meditation is important
- It gives the mind a rest
- It helps you to choose how to respond in situations vs reacting
- It also helps prevent postpartum mental health challenges
As your Postpartum Ayurvedic Doula, I am here to create and hold space for you to rest and meditate, to help feed you nourishing, healing foods, and to help you practice self-care like getting abyhangas! There are lots of ways to meditate, so don’t think you need a rigorous, seated meditation practice to benefit from this pillar. Yoga Nidra is one of my favorite things to do, it is a guided relaxation practice that helps you rest and relax! I am here to help you honor the birth experience you had, where your body is now, and help you become reacquainted with yourself in this place of being. I will help you honor the journey you have been on and transition to the next phase of being a parent. During the first 42 days, you are in a place of in-between, a place of change and adaptation within yourself and with your new baby. Let’s honor that place together and build a postpartum protocol that supports you, nourishes you, and sets you up for the next 42 years!
How We Can Build Your Postpartum Protocol
Full Postpartum Doula Services (AyurCare)
- A typical day would look like arrival between 9-10a, and leaving around 1-2p. This time is spent cooking for you, caring for you and baby, and helping to make sure your needs are met, along with the 4 Pillars of Ayurvedic Postpartum care (AyurCare).
- Prepare 2 meals and snacks, including a juice, tea, or smoothie.
- Time is spent focused on caring for you: mentally, emotionally, and physically.
- Help watch the baby while you take a bath, shower, or rest. Maybe even have a special bath tea made for you to nourish yourself!
- Support with feeding, infant care, and anything within the ability and scope of your doula. As always you have access to all my resources!
- Support for incorporating all 4 Pillars of AyurCare into your days.
Services are booked in 4 hour increments at $40/hr (no overnights). You can add on meal services, Ayurvedic treatments, and more to really customize our time together! AyurCare days with a treatment cost $350 per 4 hr day, with a minimum of 3 treatment days.
Ayurvedic Meal Service
Meals customized to the postpartum period to balance the body, promote healing, and support lactation if desired. 2 types of meals great for either lunch or dinner, and snacks with a different menu each week. Meals are made of organic ingredients whenever possible and are adjusted to support your digestion through the postpartum journey. An example week’s offerings would be kitchari and asparagus soup for meals, and stuffed dates and lactation cookies for snacks. Meals are in 32 oz containers or about 3 servings for $25, and snacks come in 20-24 servings for $20. Delivery is free for orders $70+ within 30 min of Addison.
Ayurvedic Body Treatments
Postpartum Ayurvedic treatments are designed to reduce inflammation, promote circulation and healing, to provide time for you to rest and absorb healing touch. They include oil for your hair (if desired) and belly wrapping and binding. All materials are provided, and I am happy to teach someone else how to wrap you for the times I’m not there.
Postpartum abyhangas are $240 per treatment, with a minimum of 3 treatments and a table rental fee of $20/week if you don’t have a table. Individual treatments are $300 plus table rental of $20 if needed.
Belly wrapping and binding as a stand-alone service is also an option. This includes oiling the belly, wrapping in cotton muslin, and the use of a belly binder. All supplies are provided, and I can teach another person to help continue the bindings after our session, or I can come back to bind you as often as you wish!
A single wrap and binding costs $120 including materials, subsequent bindings cost $50.
Ceremonial treatments are designed to nurture the physical body with a beautiful herbal bath, tea to drink, and oil for the body while providing space to honor the transition into motherhood. Imagine candles, incense, flowers, anything that creates the feeling of sacred, beautiful experience for you to honor this change in your life. This ceremony can be tailored around any spiritual beliefs you may hold, and can include any people in your life who you would like to attend with you! This is a very personal and customized offering, no two ceremonies are the same! For more on the importance of ceremonies in birth, check out this blog post!
Let’s plan your postpartum together!
Click the button to send me an email to get started
planning out the best postpartum for you